- 1 What time of year does camping gear go on sale?
- 2 How do I get the best deal on a tent?
- 3 Does REI have after Christmas sales?
- 4 Does REI have an annual sale?
- 5 When should I buy a new tent?
- 6 Where can I buy inexpensive camping gear?
- 7 What to know before buying a tent?
- 8 How much should I spend on a tent?
- 9 What should I look for when buying a tent?
- 10 Do REI members get a discount?
- 11 Does REI price match?
- 12 Does REI have a Memorial Day sale?
- 13 Do REI coupons work on bikes?
- 14 Are REI stores open?
- 15 Can you use REI dividend Online?
What time of year does camping gear go on sale?
At the End of the Season Summer items like tents, shorts, etc, typically go on sale when the season is over, usually around September (see when camping seasons starts and ends). As for winter camping gear like snowshoes, boots, and jackets, these items are usually on sale around March.
How do I get the best deal on a tent?
Let’s wrap up with a few of my best tips on finding the lowest prices and saving as much money as possible.
- Ask Questions. Don’t be afraid to ask about used gear, returned equipment, and discontinued products.
- Look For Discount Stores. Find discount retailers.
- Don’t Sleep on Estate/Moving Sales.
Does REI have after Christmas sales?
After Christmas at REI expect holiday clearance to get marked down. This sale happens the day after Christmas and you can expect some nice markdowns when shopping at REI.
Does REI have an annual sale?
What is the REI Anniversary Sale? It’s REI’s biggest sale of the year, to celebrate its growing member base and its founding in 1938. Members can shop sales between 10 and 50 percent both in stores and online. The other annual sales happen during Labor Day, right before Thanksgiving, and in March.
When should I buy a new tent?
You can patch holes that are less than an inch in diameter, but buy a new tent if any holes are larger than that. Check the seams for signs of stretching—another sign that a tent purchase is looming. Once the poles no longer stretch the fabric tight, you won’t stay dry in heavy rain.
Where can I buy inexpensive camping gear?
The best online stores to buy discount outdoor gear
- Steep & Cheap. Steep & Cheap is Backcountry.com’s online outlet where you can find great deals (like, up to 80% off!) on big brand names, with frequently rotating inventory.
- REI Outlet.
- Backcountry.com Sales.
- Patagonia Worn Wear.
- REI Used Gear.
What to know before buying a tent?
How Do I Buy a Tent?
- Decide on Use. It’s best to be brutally honest with yourself here.
- Decide on Size. Rule of thumb: If you’re car camping, buy a giant tent.
- Pay Attention to Weight.
- Know What Kind of Weather You’ll Be Camping In.
- Pay Attention to Packability.
- Pitch Before You Buy.
- Research Durability.
- Research Ease of Use.
How much should I spend on a tent?
The ~$ 40 to $50 range is the base price you want to spend on a tent. Any less than $50 and you are lower than the standard entry-level tent range. You can get a decent 2-person tent with standard features such as: Waterproofed seams.
What should I look for when buying a tent?
What Tent Features Should I look for?
- A tent with aluminum poles.
- A tent with an adequate rainfly.
- A tent with folded seams and double stitching.
- A tent with a one-piece tub floor.
- A tent with adequate guy lines.
- A tent with good-sized stake loops.
- A tent that uses noseeum meshing.
- A tent with a roof vent.
Do REI members get a discount?
Did you know most REI stores have full-on bike and ski shops in-house? And even better: Members get 10% off.
Does REI price match?
For products purchased on REI.com or in REI stores, we will honor the sale price if you purchased within the last 14 days and your item is the same product number, color, and size as the item on sale. If so, we will gladly refund the difference to you.
Does REI have a Memorial Day sale?
The REI Memorial Day Sale is actually the REI Anniversary Sale, which usually takes place leading up to the Memorial Day holiday. Traditionally, the Anniversary Sale ends the day of Memorial Day.
Do REI coupons work on bikes?
With REI coupons and REI coupon codes, you can usually save at least 10% off camping and hiking gear, climbing supplies, cycling, running shoes, snow gear, traveling goods such as bags and backpacks, kids’ clothing and more.
Are REI stores open?
All REI stores are now open to customers, with some locations continuing to limit capacity due to local restrictions. In every case, we’re taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.
Can you use REI dividend Online?
You can use your dividends with online purchases. Make sure that you’re signed in to your REI.com account and your membership number is attached to it. When you check-out, your dividend balance will be available as a method of payment.